Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pre-Bite

This is real new to me so I don't really know where to begin. My name is Cami, and I am getting braces. I've needed braces for about 5-10 years. So I finally said screw it, I'm doing this before I get any older! I mean, I don't want to miss my prime years!! So I went to my family dentist, Dr. Lau (who is also a Dental Surgeon [I wonder if those mean the same thing]), and told her I wanted to get it done.

A little note: Don't ever do what I just did (a bracket inside a bracket)...Big no no.

Anyways I should let you in, whoever you are, on how my teeth are currently so you can understand how Severe the case is. Well, it's severe in my eyes.

So I have about a million different technical terms to describe my mouth, but I'm going to try and keep it simple. I didn't go to school for this stuff so what I think I have is probably not even what I have. Okay so enough babbling...

I have a tongue thrust problem where I don't swallow correctly. So what it does is push my tongue forward instead of up on the roof where it's supposed to be. So the result of that is my front teeth being pushed out and having an okay smile from the anterior and looking pretty doofy from the side. It's gotten to the point where I can't even close my mouth! Here's a picture of how it looks:



This picture is from a couple of years ago; it's best to show because it was when it was the worst. I had no idea there was a problem with my teeth. I thought it was normal! So in this side pic you can see a huge gap between the central incisor and the secondary incisor (don't think that's the technical term).

P.S. If it's a bit bright then tilt your monitor so that it's darker - you can see the actual teeth way more clearly.

Every month I'm going to be blogging and showing pictures of my teeth. I'm getting the braces on next week - Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. GOOOD LUCK CAMI!!! You're gonna love your teeth after just don't miss any appointments I ended up having my braces for like 4 and 1/2 years because of missed appointments!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was great idea :.
    You're absolutely smashing in this pic!

    ReplyDelete